Fresh Mex (Reno, NV)

Posted by Unknown Friday, April 17, 2009
A very pleasant surprise! Zo mentioned seeing the commercial for this Fresh Mex on our way home from my parents. We thought it would be fun to stop in and get some quick food to eat as we lounged around at home.

As we opened the door confusion struck. We were spun for a 360 when we were greeted with a, "Hello my friends. Would you like a booth or a table." We both just blankly stared as we looked around at what is a quaint little sit down restaurant.
Finally I spit out, "A table would be nice," we were seated, given menus, chips and salsa.
We both were still flabbergasted looking around at the place when I thoughtlessly put a chip with a dip of Pico de Gallo into my mouth. Instantly I knew we were in for a treat. It was fresh with a great zing of cilantro.
We scanned the menus and we settled on splitting some fish tacos and pork Carnitas. Zo ordered a margarita which was really good. Our food came out steamy hot and we dug in. The fish tacos had large pieces of great tasting fish (cod I believe) and the pork was done perfect to where it just melts in your mouth.
What stole the meal was the amazing salsa. It is sweet and savory with just a touch of heat. The kind of salsa that you want to (and we did) drizzle over every part of your meal. I asked the owner/chief Tooie about it and he proudly told me, "I roast the peppers every morning, fresh, everything here is made fresh daily." It definitely shows and we can not wait to stop in again!

Check this place out!

http://www.freshmexreno.com/

What Francis says: Great salsa and super friendly environment, never trust a skinny chef.
What Zo says: Amazing salsa, friendly servers and owner, great fish tacos!

3 comments

  1. Oh man we went there a while ago and there was only burritos and grilled cheese on the menu. I guess they changed it. We will have to go back and check it out!

     
  2. Unknown Says:
  3. Really? What in the heck! Maybe that is their breakfast menu haha!

     
  4. Yeah haha...it was probably 3 years ago we went though so I bet a lot has changed.

     

Post a Comment

Keep Us Cooking

Store

Coming Soon!!!